Everyone loves a Caesar salad but they can often be a not so healthy alternative when piled with fatty dressing. This one is a lighter version with wholegrain croutons. Crack the egg on top and let the yolk flow through the salad- YUM!!!
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
1 tablespoon olive oil
500g chicken tenderloins, sliced into 3 pieces
2 rashers bacon, chopped
2 slices wholegrain bread, crusts removed and diced
2 tablespoons low fat yoghurt
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
4 anchovies, very finely diced
1 lemon juice
freshly ground pepper, to taste
1 cos lettuce
freshly grated parmesan cheese, to serve
- Bring a small saucepan of water to the boil.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan. Add chicken, bacon and bread and cook for 2-3 minutes each side or until golden.
- Swirl boiling water with a spoon to form a whirlpool and slowly add in egg. Cook for 1 minute. Drain.
- Mix together yoghurt, mustard, anchovies, lemon juice and pepper until well combined.
- Place lettuce in a salad bowl. Top with chicken, bacon and croutons and drizzle over dressing. Place poached egg on top and garnish with freshly grated parmesan cheese if desired.