Cauliflower and Split Pea Soup
Here’s a great hearty dinner that is also perfect for lunch the next day. Vegetarians can leave out the bacon and use vegetable stock so it’s great for everyone! The light spices give it a delicious flavour burst. Cook it tonight and register now for more inspiration for your weekly dinners for less than $2 per week.
Preparation time: 10 minutes (plus soaking time)
Cooking time: 45 minutes
250g dried yellow split peas
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 onion, chopped
2 rashers bacon, fat removed and chopped
1 tablespoon ground cumin
2 teaspoons ground coriander
1 teaspoon curry powder
½ cauliflower, chopped
1 litre chicken or vegetable stock
- Place split peas in a bowl, cover with boiling water and leave to soak for 2-3 hours. Drain and rinse well.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan. Add onion, bacon and spices and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add split peas and stock and cook for 30 minutes.
- Add cauliflower and cook a further 15 minutes. Serve with natural yoghurt and fresh chives if desired.
Chicken and Corn Chowder
This weeks menu is another great one to warm us up as it starts to get a little colder. Try this quick and easy chicken chowder that the whole family will love. Click on the link below to watch the video demonstration.
This weeks Recipes
This weeks recipes are:
Slow Cooked Lamb Shanks with Quinoa
Chicken Wild Rice Salad
Home Delivery Menu
Next weeks menu for home delivery is:
Chicken and Citrus Vermicelli Salad
Tandoori Lamb with Chick Pea, Capsicum and Herb Salad
Spinach and Ricotta Cannelloni
Healthy Chicken Nachos
Get all the fresh ingredients plus the recipes delivered to you for only $89.
Sydney, Newcastle, Hunter and Central Coast.
Contact Mel to order.
This weeks menu
I have some great recipes planned for next week. They are:
Succulent Roast Chicken
Sesame and Sugar Snap Stir Fry
Sausage and Bean Macaroni
Why not have all the fresh ingredients delivered to your door! Cooking healthy meals has never been simpler. You’ll save money too by not having to visit the supermarkets so often and the quality of the fresh ingredients won’t be beaten!
Now delivering to Newcastle areas as well as the central coast!
Ingredients Delivered To You
Beautiful, fresh, healthy ingredients for all the following recipes plus a selection of seasonal fruits delivered to your door for ONLY $99. Healthy eating can’t get much easier than that! Smaller box for only 3 recipes also now available for $69.
Next weeks delivery recipes are:
- Slow Cooked Lamb Quinoa
- Spiced Pumpkin Soup
- Fresh and Healthy Tacos
- Chicken Pie
- Massamam Beef
Delivers to Central Coast Residents
Click here to Register for the next delivery
Beef and Barley Soup
The cold and rainy weather has hit hard lately so here is one of my favourite hearty soups to warm the soul. I love the rich combination of beef and barley and the fresh flavours of parsley. I promise it will warm you up:) Enjoy!
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20-25 minutes plus soaking of the barley
1 cup pearl barley
1.5 litres beef stock
1 carrot, sliced
3 spring onions, sliced
270g corn kernels
3 sticks celery
250g beef fillet, thinly sliced
¼ cup parsley, chopped
1. Place barley in a bowl and cover with boiling water. Soak for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight then drain. (Note: If you don’t have time to soak the barley, you will have to increase the cooking time in step 2 to 35 minutes.)
2. Place stock in a large saucepan. Add barley and bring to the boil. Cook for 15-20 minutes. Add carrot, spring onions, corn, celery and beef and cook a further 3-5 minutes.
3. Stir through parsley and serve with wholegrain crusty bread, if desired.
Slow Cooked Beef Bourgignon
With these cold Autumn days creeping in, it’s time to get out the slow cooker! The perfect and easy way to make delicious hearty dinners for the cooler nights. I love a good beef bourgignon- the rich flavours of garlic, beef and red wine are a favourite of mine. Enjoy!
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 3-4 hours or 6-8 hours
1 onion, sliced
3 cloves garlic, crushed
500g chuck steak, fat removed and diced
2 tablespoons plain flour
½ cup beef stock
2 cup red wine
200g button mushrooms, quartered
1 large zucchini, chopped
½ cup parsley, chopped
1. Dust meat in flour then spray a non-stick frying pan with olive oil. Add onion, garlic and steak and sauté for 2 minutes or until brown. Place into slow cooker.
2. Add beef stock, red wine, mushrooms and zucchini and cook on HIGH for 3-4 hours or LOW for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
3. Stir through parsley and serve with brown rice or mashed potato.
Baked Fish and Chips
Easter is nearly here so here’s a quick and healthy fish and chips recipe for you on Good Friday. Be safe, enjoy and don’t forget moderation is the key with the Easter Eggs:) HAPPY EASTER
Preparation time: 12 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
750g kipfler potatoes, washed
olive oil spray
4 skinless and boneless white fish fillets
½ cup rice crumbs
sea salt and pepper, to taste
lemon wedges, to serve
- Pre-heat oven to 200ºC. Place potatoes in a large saucepan of water and bring to the boil. Cook for 12 minutes then drain well.
- Place onto a baking tray lined with baking paper and spray well with oil and season with salt. Cook for 10 minutes.
- While chips are cooking, dip fish fillets in egg then coat in rice crumbs. Season with salt and pepper and place on a tray lined with baking paper.
- Reduce oven temperature to 180ºC and add fish. Cook for 15 minutes. Serve with chips, lemon wedges and salad.